We are not currently providing this service. Please refer to Option 2 Bulk/Brush Drop-Off tab.
Nags Head’s curbside collection of bulk and brush only runs from Monday, October 2, 2023 through April 30, 2024.
Contact Public Services at 252-441-1122 if you have any questions.
Option 2 - Bulk Item/Brush Drop-Off Yard
All year long items can be dropped off at Nags Head’s Bulk Item/Brush Drop-Off Yard.
Use of the yard requires a Town-issued sticker (limit one per household):Application Process
You may obtain a Town-issued sticker by doing one of the following-
- Apply Online - the encrypted DocuSign form will be submitted electronically to the Public Works office. The sticker will be mailed to you, please allow 5-10 business.
- In person at Public Services office (2200 S. Lark Ave) Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or Town Hall front reception (5401 S. Croatan Hwy. Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- mail your completed application ( PDF) along with a copy of your vehicle registration and proof of residency to: Nags Head Public Services, PO Box 99, Nags Head, NC 27959
Permit Sticker and Instructions
- The permit sticker MUST be affixed to the authorized vehicle in an easily accessible and readable location, with the lettering and numbers upright.
- The sticker you have been issued is linked to your property and vehicle. If you change your license plate or sell your vehicle or property, please advise Public Services Office, so we can update our files and or issue you a replacement sticker. Incorrect information on file may result in your permit being voided and or you may be denied access to the Yard.
Hours of Operation
Monday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Across from the Nags Head Public Services Administrative Building (2200 S. Lark Avenue)
- turn west on to Eighth Street and then left onto South Lark Avenue (the yard will be on the right)
- turn west on to West Satterfield Landing Road (the yard will be on the left)
|branches (cut to less than 8 feet in length)||leaves and pine needles|
|Note: tree and shrub trimmings must originate from an improved residential lot.|
|Construction and Demolition - Small Homeowner Projects (Less Than 144 Square Feet)|
|carpeting||hot tub (cut into 4 pieces)|
|Note: Any materials generated from a Contractor or large homeowner projects; materials can be taken to the Dare County Transfer Facility Manns Harbor Transfer Station located at 1603 Cub Road, Manns Harbor. Please contact them at 252-473-2059 for more information.|
|refrigerators/freezers (doors must be removed)||washers/dryers|
|bicycles (tires must be removed)||aluminum|
|lawnmowers, weed eaters, blowers (must have gas tanks removed)|
|beds||hot tub covers|
|Note: For curbside collection of materials, piles must be within 10 feet of the roadside and must NOT be located under, or near, low hanging trees, branches and/or utility wires/cables.|
|debris generated from building contractors||tires|
|debris generated from tree service contractors||automotive batteries|
|debris from homeowner projects over 144 sq. ft.||motor oil|
|glass, glass windows, glass doors||fuel|
|propane tanks or any pressurized containers||animal carcasses|
|hazardous materials of any type||fluorescent bulbs|
|leaves in plastic bags||stumps|
|items in piles with mixed debris|
|Call us for more information at 252-441-1122.|
Note: Dare County's Public Works facility on Roanoke Island at 1018 Driftwood Drive accepts:
- used tires (removed from the rim)
- motor oil
- lead acid automotive batteries
- residential yard debris (branches for chipping up to 8 inches in diameter)
- pampas grass and leaves
They will also compost and recycle some items, in addition to providing a household hazardous waste collection during certain times of the year.
Visit their web site or call them at 252-475-5880 or 5881, for more information.