Harvey Public Sound Access
|Facility Use Request Form (DocuSign)
- Accessible in varying degrees
- Parking Available 6 am-12 am
- Picnic Tables
The Harvey public sound access, located at 6912 South Croatan Hwy (Mile Post 16), sits on the shores of the beautiful Roanoke Sound. The facility has a covered shelter, a bathroom, and a grill.
Only non-motorized crafts may be launched from this access.
The park may be reserved for non-governmental events. For guaranteed availability of the park's facilities, advance registration is required. Please use the link below to fill out the online request form. The encrypted DocuSign form will be submitted electronically to the Deputy Town Clerk for processing or please call 252-441-5508 to reserve the park.
A $50 refundable clean-up deposit and a $5 electricity fee (optional) are due along with the Facility Use Request application, no later than the Wednesday prior to the reservation. Pay Online or make the check payable to the Town of Nags Head. Our mailing address is: Town of Nags Head, PO Box 99, Nags Head, NC 27959 or a check can be dropped off at Nags Head's Town Hall at 5401 S. Croatan Hwy.
Catamaran Rack Rentals
Rental racks are available on first come first serve basis for rent from May 1st until November 1st. You must contact the town to determine availability or to be placed on the waiting list.
- Racks #1 and #2 can be rented monthly or seasonally
- Rack #3 is available for weekly rental
- Consecutive rental periods are allowed if no one else is on the waiting list
- All boats MUST be removed by November 1st
- Boat storage rental spaces are nonrefundable and are nontransferable
See the document above for complete regulations and application.