2021 Earl Murray, Jr. Employee of the Year Nominees
Congratulations to this year's Earl Murray, Jr. Employee of the Year nominees!
Presented by Nags Head's Board of Commissioners each December, the award, named after Police Sergeant Earl Murray, who died in the line of duty in May 2009, recognizes Town employees who have excelled in:
- attitude towards the public and co-workers
- quality of work
- willingness to cooperate with others
Nags Head's Board will announce the Employee of the Year honoree at their December 1, 2021 meeting.
This year's nominees are:
- Administrative Services: Water Billing Specialist Brittany Phillips
- Public Works: Facilities Maintenance Technician Conner Twiddy
- Fire and Rescue: Fire Captain Matthew Swain
- Planning and Development: Senior Building Inspector Steve Szymanski
- Police: Detective Paul “Trey” Lipscomb
In the photo above, front row: Brittany Phillips, Matthew Swain, Steve Szymanski, Trey Lipscomb, and Conner Twiddy. Back row: Mayor Pro Tem Mike Siers, Commissioners Renée Cahoon, Kevin Brinkley, and Webb Fuller, and Mayor Ben Cahoon.