- Public Services
- Commercial Service
Commercial Solid Waste Dumpster Collection Schedule
Summer (May 1st through September 30th)
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
Winter (October 1st through April 30th)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Commercial Solid Waste Cart Collection Schedule
If you are a Commercial Business and have a trash cart at your location; you are picked up on the same days as the Residential Solid Waste Collection Route.
Solid Waste Collection Schedule
Commercial Sanitation (ABC) & Recycling Glass Collection Schedule
No other items are permitted in the Carts other than clean glass.
Current Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission retail permit holders who are interested in this service, contact Public Services Administrative Supervisor, Karen Heagy via email or by phone at 252-449-4203.
You may complete the Town Application process by doing one of the following-
- Apply Online - the encrypted DocuSign form will be submitted electronically to the Public Services office. Once you complete the DocuSign process; please print both forms and attach the Nags Head Contract to the State prefilled form. Fill out the remaining section of the State from and provide them both to the State Agency.
- In person at Public Services Administrative office (2200 S. Lark Ave) Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Commercial Sanitation Card Board Recycling Collection Schedule
If you are interested in this service, contact Public Services Administrative Supervisor Karen Heagy via e-mail or by phone at 252-449-4203.
2200 South Lark Avenue
Nags Head, NC 27959
PO Box 99
Nags Head, NC 27959
Phone: : 252-441-1122Fax: : 252-441-3350
No Change to Sanitation Schedule Due to Easter/Town Offices Closed April 7There is no change to the sanitation schedule due to the Easter holiday; however, all Town administrative offices will be closed Good Friday, April 7. Read on...
Expect Increased Traffic in Vicinity of Nags Head's Public Services ComplexAfter extensive planning, construction of the Town’s new Public Services complex is slated to begin in early April. The public should expect increased construction traffic along Eighth Street and Lark and Pond Avenues. Read on...
Curbside Bulk Item/Brush Collection Available October 3 - April 30Nags Head's curbside collection of bulk items and brush is available from October 3, 2022 through April 30, 2023. There is no on-demand collection or a waiting list (you will not need to call in). Items must be placed in separated piles. Read on...
- I need a new 96 Gallon trash cart, how much does it cost and how do I purchase one?
- I need a new 300 Gallon trash cart, how much does it cost and how do I purchase one?
- I need a dumpster, how much does it cost and how do I purchase one?
- Where is Public Services located?
- How can I contact Public Services?
- How can I report a streetlight/traffic light outage or malfunction?
- Where can I go to drop off my recyclables?
- What is not allowed to be placed in trash carts?
- How many trash carts am I required to have?
- When is residential curbside bulk item collection available?
- Where can I drop off bulk items/yard debris after April 30?
- My trash cart needs a new lid, wheel, etc. What can I do?
- My trash cart is missing, what can I do?
- What is your residential garbage collection schedule?
- How can I sign up for residential curbside recycling collection?
- How can I find the trash and recycling collection schedule for holidays?